I know, you want to do yoga but……
- I’m not flexible enough.
- There’s NO WAY my body is going to do THAT!
- I don’t have a mat.
- I wouldn’t know what to wear. I can’t afford those fancy yoga clothes.
- I’m too heavy/thin/broken/old.
- I don’t know what I’m doing. People will stare at me and make me feel bad.
- I’ve tried yoga before but it was too hard.
- My back/neck/knees/shoulder hurts too much.
- I’ve had hip/knee/shoulder surgery/replacement.
- I don’t have enough time.
STOP! This is your time and you can do it. Come in and let’s work together to remove the obstacles that you have put in your way.
If your yoga pants have never been to a yoga class, put them back on and come on in.
- You believe you’re not flexible enough
- NO worries, this is why we come for yoga – anything is possible one breath at time.
- You believe there is NO WAY your body will do that!
- There is a modification for EVERY posture. We are ALL in different spots on and off the mat, we work with what we have in the present moment and know that it will change in the future.
- You don’t have a mat.
- I have plenty of “studio” mats for you to borrow. You can make the decision on which mat to purchase once you realize how much you love your yoga practice.
- You don’t know what to wear
- No special clothing requirements – tanks or tee’s, shorts or leggings (be it from Five Below or Lulu Lemon will not matter. You will not be able to magically touch your toes just because your yoga pants cost as much as your electric bill).
- You think you’re too heavy/thin/broken/old
- NO SUCH THING. Yoga is for EVERY BODY, and yoga at Roses Poses aims to make sure that happens for you. Whatever your perceived dis-ability is, I will help you work with it. Every person that comes to our classes is in a little different spot in each posture – there is a modification that will make it attainable for YOU.
- It is not uncommon to have some students working through their practice standing unaided, while others use various props from straps to blocks to chairs.
- Trying IS doing!
- You don’t know what you’re doing, and fear people will stare, laugh, judge, or make you feel self-conscious.
- Roses Poses Yoga & Wellness Studio is a judgement FREE zone (even you shall not judge you here).
- I cater to the beginning yoga student. All classes are a bit slower and very gentle. Everyone moves at their own pace, and those that can do something more challenging have the freedom to do so. It’s all about what’s happening for YOU in that moment on YOUR mat – not what is going on with your neighbors.
- So, you’ve tried yoga before, and it was too hard.
- At Roses Poses we cater to the beginning yoga student, ALL classes are slower, more gentle, and full of information – any class you come to will be right for you.
- Your back/neck/shoulders hurt too much
- Welcome to adulthood. We have all spent so much time taking care of “other things” and neglecting the body, mind, and spirit all in the name of “living”.
- Come in, try it out. A little gentle stretching goes a long way to helping the body and mind feel better.
- We will discuss your condition prior to starting class and modify as needed as you proceed through your practice.
- Not enough time.
- Make it! You won’t be sorry. We ALL make the time for things we want to do or have in our lives. Come in give it a try – you will be pleasantly surprised.
- We offer morning and evening classes and have classes 7 days a week – you can find a time that works for you.
Still not sure?
- Roses Poses is an intimate studio, with small class sizes (8 – 10 people per class).
- We are not a bunch of “bendy twisty types” (although a few are and it is a beautiful thing to see), we are all here just trying to do and get better.
- EVERYONE that comes is an AMAZING and KIND soul, very welcoming and inclusive.
- Moans and groans are perfectly acceptable.
- We try and keep it all light and fun, it’s just not that serious – smile and breathe – you’ve got this.
- You can always call to schedule a private lesson to start.